“Attacking preborn life with broken and rejected reasoning is activism and the act of a judge looking at political friends rather than the law,” said Hawkins.
WASHINGTON D.C. (11-15-2022) – In light of breaking news that Georgia’s Heartbeat Law has been struck down in court, Students for Life Action President Kristan Hawkins made the following statement: “Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney really needs to update his subscription to current law journals as Roe is no more. Throwing out a Georgia pro-life law by attaching it to a non-existent Constitutional hook is both offensive and legally unsound.
“According to reports, the judge in his ruling argued that he could strike down protections for babies whose hearts are beating because at the time that the law was passed, that was allowed under Roe’s false foundation. Roe v. Wade is a house of legal cards that collapsed for the simple fact that abortion is found nowhere in our Constitution.
“Attacking preborn life with broken and rejected reasoning is activism and the act of a judge looking at political friends rather than the law.”
In Georgia this year, attacks on life-saving Heartbeat Legislation have been much in the news. To read Stacey Abrams Denies Science of Fetal Heartbeat, Planned Parenthood Follows Her Outlandish Conspiracy, Click Here. And read more here for SFLAction Crashes Stacey Abrams Rally, Demonstrates Ultrasound Heartbeat for Confused Candidate.
Earlier this year, Students for Life of America’s Demetree Institute for Pro-Life Advancement noted that Millennials and Gen Z – one third of the electorate – support limits on abortion when the Universal Sign of Life – a Heartbeat – can be heard:
- The universal sign of life – a heartbeat – matters to Millennials and Gen Z. Now 52% indicated that after a baby’s heartbeat is detected, they want either no abortion at all or abortion only with exceptions made for rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger. That is up from 47% in 2021.
- MORE THAN HALF of Millennials and Gen Z would support a ban on abortion when a heartbeat is detected (52% to 48%).
And 2 out of 3 Millennials and Gen Z would support requiring a doctor to check for a heartbeat before an abortion. (This year’s 65% in support is up from last year at 60%).
Click here to read more about SFLAction’s work at the state level protecting life in law.
To read more on abortion as a federal issue, click here for Hawkins’ recent letter to Congress.
SEVEN ACTION ITEMS
- Enshrine Protection for HUMAN LIFE in the Womb in the Law. Life begins at conception, so that is when the law must protect life. Life at Conception Acts or Heartbeat Abortion Limits must be introduced, debated, and voted for by legislators.
- Defund Planned Parenthood and the Abortion Industry
- End the Chemical Abortion Cartel
- Promote Adoption
- Support Pregnant & Parenting Women on Campus
- Encourage Family-Friendly, Work-Friendly Employment
- Hold Corporate Abortion Accountable by tracking life and health repercussions of abortion.
Promising signs for the pro-life movement in every corner of the country
As a mega grassroots mobilizer in the 2022 election cycle, SFLAction has deployed more than 1,000 student activists this election cycle to canvass in 33 states around the country. In addition, SFLAction has educated more than 250,000 voters at their doorsteps and has utilized its #VoteProLifeFirst digital campaign to run ads, send peer-to-peer text messages, and make phone calls to reach another seven million voters.
Locking in on one-third of the voting bloc, Gen Z and Millennial voters have been rapidly mobilizing on their campuses and communities to get their peers to join them and pledge to #VoteProLifeFirst. This campaign has seen more than 111,000 (and counting!) Gen Z and Millennial voters change their minds and pledge to #VoteProLifeFirst.
In key states, SFLAction has:
- Personally texted nearly 3,110,252 voters exposing the abortion lobby’s propaganda.
- Made 2,051,680 phone calls to pro-life voters.
- Launched cutting-edge Vote Pro-Life First digital ads, focusing on the youth vote that were viewed more than 8,988,106 times.
- Exposed nearly a dozen pro-abortion candidates who are #TooExtreme4Me through Overpass Outreach.
As noted by The Washington Post, SFLAction is “one of the largest antiabortion organizations in the country,” and has long been preparing legislatively for a Post-Roe America. Fox News recognizes SFLAction “has already been pushing state legislatures” and our growing influence has even reached pro-abortion leading researcher Mary Ziegler who noted the power of our mobilization in The Atlantic. Read more about SFLAction’s Post-Roe Blueprint HERE or read Hawkins’ latest op-ed at The Daily Wire titled “My Fear of Who’s Running the Country Dwarfs My Deep Concern Over Abortion.”
For interviews email [email protected].
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its 501c3 sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA), make up the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization and a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion — the human rights issue of our day — and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,300 groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical, and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy, and programming to connect those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA and SFLAction have more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry than any other pro-life outreach in the world, reaching more than 2 million people across social media platforms each week and engaging in approximately 100,000 digital conversations per month. Over more than 16 years, President Kristan Hawkins has grown SFLAction/SFLA into an $18 million organization preparing for a Post-Roe America.