Students for Life Action (SFLAction), along with almost a dozen other pro-life organizations, think tanks, and groups have signed onto Advancing American Freedom’s coalition letter urging Speaker Johnson and Chairman Jordan to bring the FACE Act Repeal Act H.R. 5577 to the House floor for a vote.
The FACE Act was put in place during the Clinton Administration in 1994, and he knew exactly what he was doing as a pro-abortion president. There are several cases where the FACE Act has been unjustly and, in our view, unconstitutionally used against those who seek to defend preborn life:
- Recently, 6 pro-life activists were convicted under the FACE Act, facing a sentence of up to 11 years of jail time and up to $260,000 in fines for praying and singing hymns outside an abortion mill. One of these is a 73-year-old man, and another, is a father of 11.
READ: Dad Of 11 Convicted For Praying At Abortion Facility Alongside 5 Other Pro-Lifers Targeted By DOJ | The Federalist
- A pro-life activist’s house was raided by dozens of FBI agents after a small altercation outside of an abortion mill. He was arrested in front of his wife and kids.
READ: Pennsylvania pro-life activist arrested by FBI, charged with assaulting clinic escort | New York Post
- 8 pro-life activists were charged by the DOJ and also face up to 11 years in jail for standing in front of the doors to an abortion clinic.
READ: DOJ Charges Eight Pro-Life Activists with Blocking Access to Abortion Clinic | National Review
- A 75-year-old pro-life activist was arrested and faces jail time and a massive fine. She and several others were arrested for standing and praying outside an abortion clinic.
READ: Elderly pro-life activist with ‘significant medical issues’ convicted on FACE Act charge | CNA
- 8 pro-life activists were sentenced by a jury that had 4 Planned Parenthood monthly donors on it. These non-violent activists were jailed before their sentencing even occurred.
READ: The Nine Missing Marchers | National Review
- The FACE Act is supposed to protect houses of worship and pro-life centers, however, there have been over 500 attacks against them from January 2018 to April 2023 with few repercussions. READ: FRC’s New Report Shows Escalating Attacks on Churches in First Three Months of 2023 | FRC
- The Biden DOJ created a task force to target pro-life activists. They were successful in winning 23 out of 24 cases brought against pro-life activists.
READ: Readout of Reproductive Rights Task Force Meeting | DOJ
- A pro-life clinic in Buffalo was firebombed and received NO HELP from New York or the Biden Administration.
READ: CompassCare’s Buffalo Office Firebombed by Abortion Terrorists | Compass Care
- In 2022, the Biden Administration did not use the FACE Act ONCE to prosecute pro-life center vandals. However, they had no issues in prosecuting pro-life activists.
READ: Biden DOJ’s continued abuse of the FACE Act | Washington Examiner
There’s little doubt that the FACE Act is being used as a tool to intimidate and persecute pro-life supporters because the Biden Administration knows that by silencing them and arresting them, they can slow or even stop the Pro-Life Generation’s efforts to save women and babies from the scourge of abortion.
SFLAction calls on Congress to support the FACE Act Repeal Act. See our scoring alert we sent to Capitol Hill in November on the bill HERE.