“Now that Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey can no longer muzzle the voice of the American people, we are overjoyed to watch states work to protect their citizens through life-affirming laws,” said Students for Life Action President Kristan Hawkins. “The pro-life movement will continue to walk along state legislatures to usher in laws which defend and support the preborn and families in unplanned pregnancies.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. (06-27-2022) – Students for Life Action (SFLAction) is proud to congratulate and celebrate the major pro-life steps many states have taken in the wake of the landmark Dobbs v. Jackson decision. With the ruling only several days earlier, already almost 10 states have banned abortion, and many others are set to ban or highly regulate abortion, as well, according to the New York Times.
States Which Now Have Banned/Severely Restricted Abortion Violence:
- Alabama (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Arkansas (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Kentucky (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Louisiana (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Missouri (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Oklahoma (protection at conception, pending exceptions for rape & incest)
- South Dakota (protection at conception, no exceptions
- Utah (protection at conception, exceptions for rape, incest & life of the woman)
- West Virginia (protection at conception, no exceptions)
- Wisconsin (nearly all abortions banned)
- Ohio (ban after 6 weeks/heartbeat protected)
- Texas (banned after 6 weeks/heartbeat protected, trigger law protection at conception pending)
States Which Are Set To Ban/Restrict Abortion Violence:
- Idaho (trigger law to ban almost all abortions 30 days after SCOTUS decision)
- Mississippi (trigger law to ban almost all abortions in days)
- North Dakota (trigger law to ban almost all abortions 30 days after SCOTUS decision)
- Tennessee (trigger law to ban almost all abortions 30 days after SCOTUS decision & AG has filed emergency motion to ban abortion immediately)
- Wyoming (trigger law to ban almost all abortions 30 days after SCOTUS decision)
- Arizona (judge currently deciding between a new 15-week ban or a pre-Roe protection at conception law)
- Florida (15-week ban on July 1st, 2022)
- Georgia (pending 6-week ban, heartbeat protection)
- South Carolina (pending 6-week ban, heartbeat protection)
SFLAction commends these states for their rapid response and their devotion to life, and commits to continuing work to protect life in law through helping state legislatures pass pro-life legislation, as Students for Life of America (SFLA) will continue to protect life in service through initiatives like SFLA’s Standing With You.
On Sunday, August 28th, 2022, SFLA will be hosting a live, virtual event called Standing With Her Sunday at 8 p.m. ET. This national simulcast will seek to ensure that churches across the nation are inspired and mobilized to care for every family in an unplanned pregnancy within their communities.
To learn more about Standing With Her Sunday, click HERE.
MEDIA NOTE: Students for Life of America staff and the Pro-Life Generation will be available for interviews during the Life is Louder events and at the host church for the Standing With Her Sunday event.
Click HERE to watch SFLAction President Kristan Hawkins discuss Post-Roe strategy on CNN.
Click HERE to read SFLAction’s 2021 &2022 State Legislative Sessions Report.
To learn more about the Post-Roe Blueprint from Students for Life Action, read Hawkins’ op-ed at Fox titled “RIP Roe: Supreme Court Abortion Ruling Sets Stage for What Pro-Life Groups Do Next.”
For interviews or more information, contact [email protected]
Students for Life Action (SFLAction), a 501c4, along with its 501c3 sister organization, Students for Life of America (SFLA), make up the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization and a political and policy operation engaging people of all ages. Together they work to end abortion — the human rights issue of our day — and provide political, legal, and community support for women and their children, born and preborn. Headquartered in Fredericksburg, VA, SFLA has more than 1,250 groups on middle, high school, college, university, medical, and law school campuses in all 50 states. SFLA creates strategy, policy, and programming to connect those most targeted for abortion with people ready to help and builds a framework for political engagement on their behalf. SFLA and SFLAction have more conversations with those most targeted by the abortion industry than any other pro-life outreach in the world, reaching more than 2 million people across social media platforms each week and engaging in approximately 100,000 digital conversations per month. Over more than 15 years, President Kristan Hawkins has grown SFLAction/SFLA into an $18 million organization preparing for a Post-Roe America.