Last week in New Hampshire, a critical vote took place to determine the future of pro-life laws in the Granite State. Thankfully, CACR 23 was defeated. If it had passed, abortion before and after 24 weeks would’ve been legalized, and the law’s ambiguous language would have made New Hampshire one of many states allowing virtually unlimited abortions. Currently, there are 19 that allow abortion after 24 weeks and six states (as well as Washington D.C.) allow abortion without limits, according to an Axios article.
However, there were six Republicans who decided to vote with the pro-abortion extremists on the vote, despite 68% of New Hampshire residents saying they want limits on abortion.
- David Bickford of Strafford 3
- Mike Bordes of Belknap 5
- James Mason of Merrimack 3
- Mark Proulx of Hillsborough 15
- Susan Vandecasteele of Rockingham 25
- Dan Wolf of Merrimack 7
Needless to say, Students for Life Action (SFLAction) will be adding their names to Biden’s Favorite Republicans, and will be educating all voters, particularly pro-life Republican voters, about their actions.
To view the original blog post explaining the impact of CACR 23, click HERE.
Leading up to this victory, SFLAction has been actively campaigning against limitless abortion, both in New Hampshire and around the country. This has included:
- Petitioning and engaging with voters to shut down Governor Sununu’s later-term abortion bills in the state.
- Testifying multiple times before the State Legislature and arguing against the expansion of abortion inside the state, including once in March 2023 and again in January 2024.
- Working alongside State Representative Dave Testerman (Merrimack District 3) for the introduction of House Bill 591-FN, which protects the preborn once a heartbeat is detected. This was SFLAction-inspired legislation.
- Helping to secure wins in key GOP primaries and ensuring that pro-life champions were sent to the halls of power in the State Capital.
Stay tuned to the SFLAction blog for future updates on other critically important pro-life legislation.
To learn more about the other bills we’re supporting or fighting against, CLICK HERE.